Thursday, November 15, 2012

Freedom, oh sweet freedom!!!!!

First, let me start by saying, I am sorry I have neglected my blog. I never realized how much my ALFL page would take off, and I use that for most of my venting/sharing..... Also, I seem to be in a fog most of the time, so writing anything lengthy just doesn't work for me.... (damn FMS!!!!)
    Today I write because sweet freedom is just hours away!!! That's right! Tonite this momma is hitting the town with some friends!!!! It's our annual movie date. Yes, I said annual. (I know, I don't get out enough!) We are headed to the movies tonite to watch the end of the Twilight saga. (Go ahead Twilight haters, roll your eyes) You see, I read all the books, and LOVED them. After I watched the first movie, my girlfriends and I started a tradition of leaving the kids with the men, and heading to the midnight showings. I know many people do not like Twilight (just "cray cray" to me!) I however love them, and I don't care. Stephanie Meyer jumped into my adolescent mind and wrote the greatest love story a macabre girl could ever want. Vampires, werewolves, and hotties, OH MY! In all seriousness, the only way it could be better is to put some witches in there! (Also obsessed with Salem witch history)
    There's more to it than enjoying the movies for me. It's my one time a year that I get out WITHOUT LJ. I put on makeup, wear something other than jeans and a tee shirt, and I even do my hair! (Gosh, it's like a luxury!) To me, this is the one time a year, where I get to be Courtney. Not momma, not the wife, just ME!!!! Now, I would like to tell you I turn off my cell phone, and forget for the evening that I am a momma, but I don't. I can't. I set it to vibrate and hold it all nite. I know he is with his dad, but he is super attached to momma (yes, some would say his UC is still attached to me) and I can't go out and just forget him..... (I even sneak out before the movie starts, and check in. Yes, I know, let it go, RELAX. That's not my style!)
    So because of the Dark Knight shooting, tonite the movie will start at 10. We have to be there at 8 to get our seats, and then we will sit and visit while listening to the DJ. Talking won't be easy because the music is so loud. I don't care. I will be surrounded by my ladies, and I am away from home. It's a win win in my book.
     So for those of you who don't like the Twilight Saga, you can hate all you want. As for me, it has given me a chance to get out, and be me. In some weird way, I am kind of sad, this is the end......Now we need to find another excuse to get out once a year, lol!
                                                                    <3<3<3<3


           

No comments:

Post a Comment