Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sassy Grow Up Cup Review

  I'm sure by now you have all seen the commercials for the Wow Cup. Liam would see this commercial and scream, "mama! I want that!!! I could have a big boy cup!" But at 10 bucks a cup, my wallet shrunk back and cried a little.



So I went online and googled 'no spill cups,' and this is what I found! 

Sassy Grow Up Cup.

(this is the one Liam chose, it's a 7 oz cup and the handles can be removed)



  

This cup comes in 7 oz, 9 oz, and 12 oz. It's AFFORDABLE!!!! It can be found at Walmart! (We paid 10$ for 2 cups.) I have seen online it also comes with characters on it as well. (found at Toys R Us)

  So, lets face it, this cup is awesome for kids, especially special needs kids that have issues with spilling, or drinking. My kid has definite issues with all that. He has been using sports bottles or sippies since he was a year old. Now that he is turning 8, other kids are starting to notice, and Liam is starting to be conscious of it.

  As soon as we got the cups, I took the handles off. He then insisted I put them back on "because they are cool." He also wanted pop. NOTE: Soda does NOT do well in these cups. Too much carbonation makes it harder to get a seal and for the kiddo to get the proper "latch" to get any liquid out.

  Next, I put tea in it. At first, he had a hard time. He expected it to be more like a regular cup. It isn't. (I have even tried it so I can give this a review from my own experience as well)

It takes a bit to figure out how to drink from it. It's not like a regular sippy, where you can drink almost like a bottle. Once you start using it though, it works great. It doesn't flow fast, so there is no worry of choking. It also DOES NOT LEAK. I mean, you can hold it upside down, shake it, throw it, drop it~ it won't leak.












  In my opinion this cup rocks! Liam didn't like it at first, but now that he is used to it, he likes it. He gives it "two fumbs up for not spilling, and one fumb up for drinking!"

As a mom, I give it 2 thumbs up. It's so nice to give him a "big boy cup" and not have to worry where it will get spilled!!! 

3 comments: