Monday, September 24, 2012

DIY Tee Shirt Wreath

So today I made 2 really cute tee shirt wreaths. They were super simple, and for older kiddos that can tie, they are great fine motor fun!

Here's how I did it......
First, I started I chose some old tees in the colors I wanted. Then I cut them in strips about 5 inches long and about 2 inches wide. When I was all done, I grabbed my hoop and started tying. I went every other color, but really it's up to you. When I was all done with the Halloween wreath, I heated up my hot glue gun and glued on a ghost I had painted and some Halloween rings. That's it. I still need to make a bow to hang it, but I am in need of ribbon.
I can't take credit for this idea however, because I found it on Pinterest. (It's my guilty pleasure :)) Here is the link to that site because I don't want to take credit away from someone else :)
Sassy Sanctuary  Hers is made from fabric scraps, and I totally plan on making one like that, but I wanted to see if I could do one with tee shirts instead. Sure can :) I am waiting to finish the orange and brown on until I get to the Dollar Tree. I want to get a few fake gourds to add to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment