Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Believe....

  I am starting to freak out! Liam is 6 and super smart for his age. He is already questioning the existence of Santa Claus. I don't lie to my child, but this is one exception. I will go out of my way to make him believe for as long as I can. However, pulling the wool over his eyes is NOT an easy thing to do.
  The shopping alone is not an easy task. He doesn't like to leave my side, so getting him to go anywhere so I can get some secret Santa work done is impossible. Sneaking stuff in the cart, under my coat is impossible as well. He likes to help empty the cart and put stuff on the register belt. Especially this time of year. He is no fool!
  I picked up some wrapping paper and tags the other day. His response, "well now I know what presents will be from you and daddy!" I have always used different wrap and tags from "Santa", even disguised my writing. He is SIX, why is this so hard ALREADY!!!!!
  He knows the store Santa's are "helpers" and report back to the man in charge, so that's not an issue. The issue here is how long am I going to be able to keep up this charade? I was older when I quit believing, like 4th or 5th grade.....my step son was 13 when he lost the magic of believing....I am afraid Liam will be like 7 and that breaks my heart. Once the magic is gone, how will I carry on.....I know, I know, Christmas is about Love, and Family, and yada yada yada.....For me it is also the MAGIC!!! The look of his face when he walks out Christmas morning, sees his Santa express around the tree, with its tunnels of gifts, choo chooing away around the tracks. I am glad I have a smart kid, but not happy that that may jeopardize the Christmas MAGIC......


This is Christmas Magic at it's finest! Liam was 3 and Santa brought him a stuffed reindeer. It was one of his most favorite gifts that year <3


No comments:

Post a Comment