Thursday, October 22, 2015

An Open Letter to Frontier Communications

Dear Sir or Madam,

    You don't know me. You may not care to know me, and that's fine. But I want you to understand something. From a point of view other than your own.

    This world relies on the internet. Sad, but true. It's one of the things that makes our world go round. Some people rely on this more than others. That would be people like myself.

    You see, people like me cyber school a special needs child. We NEED our internet to be working at peak performance, ALL THE TIME. When we are dropped continuously, or it lags so badly that it stops streaming, it sets my child off. 

    You may be thinking, "Well, he'll have to get over it, that's life," and while I see your point, I want you to see mine. He isn't mad because his internet isn't working. He gets angry because he can't finish his school lessons. He gets angry when he has to repeat the same video various times because it skipped through most of it. When a video that should take 5 minutes to watch takes 20 because of the lag, there's something wrong.

    When he does get his school work done, watching Youtube videos is his reward. It's one of the things he loves to do most. When your internet isn't working the way it's supposed to, he can't do this. He again gets very upset. He feels like YOU are taking away his reward.

    Another reason parents like myself depend on YOU to give us the internet capabilities we pay for, is we need it to keep an eye on our children at all times. Yes, you read that right. Ever hear of video monitoring system, aka, a nanny cam? I'm sure you have. By now, most new parents have them. Well, parents like myself have them too. We need these because we need eyes on our children everywhere, all the time. When our internet isn't working, these cams and monitors don't work. They NEED the wifi to communicate with one another. It's very sad when the wifi signal gets dropped ONE room away the router.

    So why am I complaining? I'm complaining because in our area, Frontier is the ONLY choice for most of us, for our internet. I'm complaining because you tell us that we have "Broadband Ultra," and it's supposed to be the fastest internet we can get it. Not only is it NOT fast, we are continuously dropped, it lags terribly, and we can't have more than 2 devices connected at a time without causing issues with our connection.

    As you can see from above, we DEPEND on the services we pay for. We aren't getting these services. We have had techs in and out of here and they can't understand all the issues we're having. It's not an issue with the router, or our lines, or any other thing within OUR control. The issue is with Frontier Internet. 

    I know I'm not the only parent that is complaining about your services for the same reason. It's time that you, as a company, step up and figure out why so many in our area are having the exact same problems. Why are we all paying for something that we aren't getting?


Sincerely,

A very fed up, special needs parent that wants something done about this, and the rest of Bradford County Pa.



    

    

3 comments:

  1. I live in Oregon and also have the same issues. I have a Asd child as well and he is home schooled and we rely on a good connection. I have called numerous times over the two years Ive had this service only to be told they are working on it or some other excuse to soothe me over for that phone call. This last week I have not been able to load any page on the first attempt sometimes its taken 15-20 tries to get the whole page to load properly. Not only is the service I pay for important for my sons schooling but its important for me to make money to pay for my service. I have lost entire days of income because my service was so slow I couldn't process any of my work. Please Frontier give us the high quality internet service you convinced me to purchase.
    Thank you, Sincerely, one very frustrated client.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it was Frontier! I don't home school but since Frontier took over AT&T it's been nothing but a problem. Not that AT&T was fantastic, but this is far worse. I was beginning to wonder if this was a ploy to get me to upgrade - AT&T shut off my internet all together saying the package I had was not offered anymore in the hopes I would upgrade to U-VERSE. I ended up with Frontier by default. They just took over AT&T. I am hoping I have other options. I don't know if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also due to my son's recent development of a seizure disorder, I wanted to get a monitor with a screen so I can not only hear him, but see him. My wifi is barely usable on my phone and computer so that was out of the question. I had to settle for the old fashioned sound only - plug in/ battery back up kind.

    ReplyDelete