Thursday, January 10, 2019

Feed Your Feathered Friends This Winter

     For many of us, its winter. The wind is blowing, the snow may be falling. Our feathered friends are finding it hard to get food. So be a good human, and give them some!

Feed Your Feathered Friends This Winter

    Back in NEPA I didn't put out bird feed. We had so many feral cats in our neighborhood, that they would stalk bird feeders. To me, it felt like I was setting my feather friends up to be dinner. Now that we moved south, there aren't feral cats everywhere, so I can finally put out my feeder! Liam and I were both so excited about this! 


 
    So I did what I always do and headed to Chewy.com. That's because Chewy doesn't just carry everything for dogs and cats. They carry everything for every animal you can imagine! And yes, that includes those gorgeous birds in your yard. From experience of watching my parents feed their outdoor birds, I knew that they seemed to enjoy the sunflower seeds the most. So I got Wagner's Four Season 100% Black Oil Sunflower Seeds. This twenty pound bag is going to feed the wild birds for quite some time! 



Wagner's has been feeding outdoor birds since 1894! Their products are made right here in the USA too. They have a ton of different seed varieties to attract all sorts of wild birds to your home and feeders. Whether you want to bring the cardinals, finches, songbirds or more, Wagner's have every kind of bird feed you will want or need. Check them all out on Chewy.com.


Make a Feeder and Enjoy the Birds

    I didn't have a feeder, but I have been wanting to make one out my old china. I had a tea cup and saucer that had a little chip out of them. They weren't okay to be used for us, but I knew they'd be perfect for a bird feeder. I gently sanded the chip down with my Dremel on low speed, that way it wouldn't bother our feathered friends. After I wiped the dust away, I was ready to make our feeder.



    I grabbed my E6000 glue (my go to for most crafts,) and my teacup and saucer. I placed the teacup on the saucer, so I could see which parts touched. Then I carefully placed the glue on those parts. Next, I put the cup on the saucer, and using masking tap, I taped it down to hold it in place. Lastly, take some moist QTips and wipe away any excess glue. You don't want your birdie friends to be pecking around that glue. Let it dry, and voila! Adorable bird feeder! So grab a feeder (either homemade or store bought,) and head to Chewy.com for some of Wagner's seed. Your wild birds will love you for it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment