Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sometimes, I'm not so tough. Yet, life it seems, always is...


  This quote above is my life story. I learned early on not to show pain. In my mind, showing pain was showing your weakness. People take advantage of those that are weak....
  As a special needs momma, this held true as well. Once the shock of the word Autism wore off, and it came time to get my little man what he needed, the warrior in my soul came out. This is when I truly believed I couldn't let anyone see me cry. I couldn't let anyone see my weaknesses. Now, more than ever I had to be strong for my son, for my family, for myself. 
  I dove in head first. I fought the school. I made phone calls, sent emails. When that didn't work, I started The Legion page. I wanted a voice. I wanted to tell other momma's that Autism isn't the end of the world. It won't kill us. It will make us stronger. We Will Get Through It Together. 
  I also believed that if I see it in a positive manner, it couldn't get me down.....I was wrong. It will get you down. It will kick your feet out from underneath you. It will punch you when you're down. It will knock the wind out of you, make it hard for you to regain your breath. It will TRY to get the best of you.......
  Autism is sneaky. Autism is heartless. Autism can take a good day and make it hell. BUT.......It can also be fought.
  Yesterday and today, Autism did all these things to me. It took me down. It made me cry. It made me question my life, our life, our purpose.
  You know what else it did??? It made me stronger. It made me realize we all have these days. It made me realize I will NEVER give up. It made me realize that this fight is worth fighting. It made me realize that my son, and your sons/daughters need us to keep on fighting for them. If we don't, who will? 


It is some relief to weep; grief is satisfied and carried off by tears.  ~Ovid

Let your tears flow and where they go, let your sorrows follow.  ~Dodinsky,



1 comment:

  1. Amazing and well said xxxxxxx thank you Im going to share

    ReplyDelete