Thursday, January 31, 2013

February Spotlight Sibling

 I am proud to introduce this month's Spotlight Sibling.....

Meet Noah.
Noah is 8 and enjoys ball hockey, Lego Star Wars, swimming, camping and video games. Noah is very creative and has a vivid imagination, he loves to play Wizards, Karate guys and Star Wars, He makes his own games and often makes his own costumes! Noah has two brothers with Autism, Owen is 7 and David is 4.



I sent Noah's mom the same set of questions that I had B answer last month, and here are his responses.


Q: I read an article that stated that siblings of autistic kiddos feel like “victims.” Do you feel like a victim of a brother/sister with Autism?

A:Only when Owen and Dave get angry and hit me.



Q: In your eyes, what is the HARDEST part of being a sibling to an autistic brother/sister?


A: They don't understand waiting and turn taking and they always take things from me.

It's hard to play with them sometimes especially video games.

Q: What is the BEST part?


A:They are really good at figuring out my video games_and when we went to Disney we got a special pass and we didn't have to wait in lines



Q: Do you resent Autism? If so, Why?


A:No but if they didn't get so angry and hit me we could get along better.



Q: How has having a brother/sister with Autism changed your life?


A:I have to help Mom and Dad more and watch the boys. They don't listen good so I usually get asked to help.



Q: Has Autism taught you anything?


A:Owen and Dave get sick more than I do and take more of Mom and Dad's time. Autistic kids are really smart and funny. Owen likes his routine and Dave is bossy!



Q: Do you think educating other kids about Autism is important? If so, Why?


A:Other kids don't understand that Owen and |Dave say what they think and they should try not to be upset at some of the things they say. They sometimes find it hard to go to sleep and are grumpy in the morning. They sometimes like to play alone. If they are making noises or jumping around it's because they need to to calm down.


Q: If you were given the opportunity to speak to your school as a whole about Autism, what would you tell them?


A:_Be a friend to kids with Autism, they find it hard to sit still and sometimes make noises so they can calm down. If they hug you or hit you they may not want to but they can't always tell us what's wrong and it makes them upset.



Q: Kids with Autism are 4x more likely to be victims of bullying. If you saw someone bullying a child with Autism, what would you do?


A:Tell the bully that he has a disability and can't play like we do and I would tell the teacher.


Q: If you had to write an essay about Autism, tell me, in a few words what it might say?


A:Autism kids like routines, they have great memories and are very smart. They want to play with us but sometimes they like to play alone because things bother them.



Q: Here is your chance. If I left anything out, and there is something you want to add about Autism (it can be positive or negative) feel free to write it here. 


A.It's hard not having more time with Mom and Dad but I love my brothers!



There you have it. Another wonderful interview with another AMAZING sibling. The honesty of children is like no other, and it's so refreshing to see Autism through their eyes. If all children felt the same, our world would be in great hands!!!

Please take a moment and leave Noah a comment to make his day.....Stay tuned next month for another Spotlight Sibling
                                               <3 <3 <3 <3



13 comments:

  1. We are so proud of Noah and whether he knows it or not he is a HUGE help to us! We love you Noah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Noah is an AUSOME big bro and should be proud of himself too! I hope he likes his article <3

      Delete
  2. Noah, I really liked your interview answers. It must be difficult to have two brothers who are Autistic, but you seem to understand them well. And even though it's hard, you're doing a great job and trying your best to be a good helper. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!
    my web page - play slots online for money

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers Noah! Your brothers are lucky to have such a great brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah, you did a fantastic job answering those questions. I love your honesty. You are like a little superhero in disguise. You should be very proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noah, you are a great big brother and mom & dad & you are doing a fantastic job.............



    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Noah! You have such great thoughts and you are so kind. Owen and Dave are lucky to have you as a brother! I'm certain they feel that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noah, your answers were so honest. You are a great kid, and so are owen and David.
    Mrs. Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your comments, I know Noah will appreciate them. It's great he has his chance to shine! I'll get him to read them and leave a post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this made me tear up! I'm very proud of you Noah! Love your brothers and be the best big brother ever! You're doing great and are a wise young man. Love you a lot!

    Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome interview!I loved your honesty!YOU ARE AWSOME!Lucky boys to have a brother like you!

    ReplyDelete