Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm not perfect.....

  Yesterday Liam had another eval to reinstate his TSS hours (since there was a lapse between providers, the insurance company took them away.) So anyway, he was very excited about this meeting, as he loves to see Dr. Dan. He dressed extra nice for him, and packed his pockets with snacks, even some to share with Dr. Dan.



  During the meeting, his obsession with collecting things was brought up. I opened my mouth, and out fell, "ugh yes, I think it's stupid." SAY WHAT???? DID I JUST SAY THAT????? Wow! Liam immediately looked at me, and was not happy. I quickly told him that's not what I meant.....but did I???


  For the most part I think they are cute. The one where he has to save EVERY fortune he gets from the cookies. He does this because he feels if you "throw it away, you throw away your fortune." That is cute! The one over rocks is pretty cool too. When ever we walk the creek bed, Liam will find some really cool rocks, and bring them home. Ok, not cool in my house, but he is perfectly happy storing them in the flower bed, so that obsession is A-Ok with me. The ones I don't like are: hanging onto clothes that no longer fit, saving his faves shoes even when they are falling apart and no longer fit, and bullet shells.


  For one, our house is much too small.....I am thinking we either need ANOTHER shed, or we need to rent a storage shed. As far as the shells, these are spent shells from when PITA and I target practice with my parents. Liam loves to watch us shoot, and once the shells cool, he loves to search the grass for them. Super cool, but then he brings them home. He plays with them alot! They are always all over the floor or the couch. It looks like we took party in some massacre aside from no blood on the walls and floors. They stink, they are dirty, and if we touch them, ALL....HELL....BREAKS....LOOSE.....

  Last night I sat him down and explained that mommy was sorry. I didn't mean to say they were stupid. What I meant was, I don't understand some of his obsessions. I made sure I pointed out the ones I love, but I also explained why I don't like some of them. I hope he understands. I still feel like crap about it. My mouth has no filter, and sometimes just spews crap that I have to clean up....

  I swear, I am NOT an insensitive jerk, but I also am not perfect.....

                                           <3 <3 <3 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment