Saturday, May 11, 2013

7 years ago....

   7 years ago, my whole life changed. 7 years ago my prayers were answered. My dreams came true. I met you. At 1:10 in the afternoon, I became your mama. I will never forget the way I felt when they laid your on my chest. When I heard your first cries. When I cried with you.

   They told me I would never have you. They told me it couldn't be. I knew better. And that day, we proved them wrong. You were a fighter from the time you were conceived. You  are my fighter. Together we fight Autism, everyday. We fight the stereotypes. We fight the negative attitudes. We fight the obsessions, the aggressions, the anxieties. We revel in the quirks. We take pride in your intelligence. We love you for YOU.

   You are everything I hoped for. You are wise beyond your years. You see the world in a whole new light, and in turn have changed the way I see the world.  You are kind. You are loving. You are sweet. You are forgiving. You are a better person than I am. You have taught me to be a better person.

   You have accomplished so much in 7 years, I can't imagine what you will do in 7 more. You are an advocate. You are a voice. You speak for those that can't, and so many people are enlightened by your ways.

  You sir, you are my heart. When you sleep I gaze upon your sweet face and thank God for you. All of you. You are everything I hoped for, dreamed for, wished for. You are my Liam John and I wouldn't trade you, or our life for the world.

  I look forward to everyday we spend together, and I look forward to watching you grow into a man. I know you will do me proud because I am already proud of the boy you have become.

  Happy 7th Birthday Miracle Man. Mama loves you with all that I am. ♥







Just moments old ♥


Minutes old ♥



My baby now ♥





I made this video for my parents. An Ode to my baby. Enjoy. 

   ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥







No comments:

Post a Comment