Friday, May 25, 2012

Doctors and Nurses and EMT's, OH MY!!!!

When they say it gets worse before it gets better, they weren't kidding!!!! Our week started off with a bang, literally! Sunday was the Valley Walk for Autism, and it was beastly hot! So when we got home, I got Hubs in bed, and took LJ to the creek for a swim. A friend was "on call" a few houses away in case he needed anything, so I left feeling confident. When we returned, she told me hubs had called, and he wasn't feeling right. I rush home to check. Apparently he decided to get out of bed, and 3 times he started to collapse. He caught himself twice, but the third time he went down, bending the handle on my oven and cutting his nose.UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! It goes without saying that at 1130 that nite, the ambulance was at our house. His blood pressure was all over the place that evening, of course when the EMT's get here, its normal. So, hubs refuses treatment. Next am, calls his doc, and since he has an appt Tues am, he decides he can wait to be seen. Monday nite at 11 pm, the ambulance is once again at our house. This time was MUCH worse, it happened like this: Our dog was whining, hubs gets up to see why. He tells me he doesn't feel right. Before I could get up, (I was sleeping on the floor next to him) he was down like a tons of bricks. It was one of  the scariest things I have seen (other than when LJ had his febrile seizure)! It was over in 15 seconds, but felt like a lifetime! Thankfully LJ did NOT see his dad convulsing. I screamed the most God awful scream, I couldn't help it, it just flew out of my mouth! LJ got me the phone, and the EMT's were on their way. In the meantime, LJ puked in the living room, the kitchen and the bathroom because he was so upset! The EMT took hubs' BP and it was 90/54! There was NO way hubs was getting out of going to the hospital this time! They ran a CT scan and some labs, and all looked fine. So home he comes. Back to the docs in the am. Now, the good news is his blood clot in his leg dissolved, WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! One less thing to worry about! However his BP is still all over the place. His doc did an EKG, that looked fine too. UGH!!!!!!!!!! Their conclusion: Orthostatic Hypotension. In other words, hubs BP is plummeting when he sits up. Their fix, keep an eye on him, don't let him get right out of bed, take his bp often. I am not done with this! This is NOT a good enough answer! Even laying down his BP is often VERY low. I will insist on another EKG at the next visit. I am pushy like that :)
I will say, that the week started off super crazy and so far (knocking on some wood) seems to be calming down. Thank the Lord!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I forgot!!!! Last nite I got a call from an educational advocate! Seems NEB will be sorry they messed with this family :) More to come on that at a later time......
Soooooooooo, I guess now that I rambled on about the crappy start of our week, I will now share my Ryan's for the week. Again, I must thank Sunday for the opportunity of this meme so I can have a break from  my stressed out mind for a bit, and concentrate on something as lovely as Ryan :)


YES PLEASE RYAN!!!!




Ha! Take that NEB!!!! 

As always please head over to Adventures in Extreme Parenthood, and check out Sunday's Ryans' and all the other link ups for the week. They are sure to put a smile on your face. Have a great holiday weekend all! <3

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a super stressful week. Makes me realize mine wasn't all that bad and put it in perspective for me. Hope your husband gets better soon! I hope next week will be a better one for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thanks! It has been Hell, BUT makes me appreciate the good times that much more!!! Hope next week is better for u too :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's one hell of a week. hope things improve. like Ryan in his decisive telephoning mode :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurl, you need a back rub and a medal of honor. What a rough week you've had. Here's to hoping the weekend puts things to rights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx ladies! I def need a break, but hey, in due time :)

      Delete
  4. Gah, what a crap week! I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really hate to hear that about your husband. Hopefully you get some answers & this resolves soon!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all, ur encouragement means so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lizbeth. What a week! Hope this one is better.

    ReplyDelete