Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Make Your Own All Natural Pet Grass Bites

    My green thumb has finally sprouted! Now I want to grow all the things! I recently got some Pet Grass from Chewy and within three days, I had gorgeous grass growing! Your pets can enjoy it as a treat, in their food, or you can make some tasty treats for them!


Make Your Own All Natural Pet Grass Bites


     If you own a pet, you know they go outside, eat grass, and then yak all over. So why not provide them with a healthier alternative that keeps them from vomiting? Grass aids in digestion, and this grass mix of Pet Greens from Chewy is a blend of 100% certified organic oat, rye and barley.



     I always make my girls treats, and while I was looking at how quickly their grass grows, I decided I was going to use some in a new recipe. (I trimmed back their grass, and within three days, it all grew back!) So the Pet Greens Medley is well worth the 3 bucks I spent! So let's get started!

Ingredients You'll Need



  • Fresh clippings from your pet grass (I used about 3/4 of a cup, and cut them into about one inch pieces)
  • one serving of baby food (I used chicken and veggies)
  • one cup of oats
  • 1 tbsp hamburger grease (I freeze it when I drain our burger, and then just scoop out what I need and melt it down.)
  • 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of flour

Time to Mix


    In a mixing bowl stir in your baby food, and meat grease. Then add in your grass clippings. Mix well. Next, you mix in the oats and flour. Now you'll add in the vegetable oil. Start with one tablespoon. If you can shape the dough into balls then you've added enough. If not, add another tablespoon. You'll want it to feel like clay.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees


    Roll your dough into small balls and flatten with your palm. Place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake for twenty to twenty five minutes. You want them to be crunchy. That's it! I keep a few out on the counter and freeze the rest. Remember, because you're making all natural treats, there are no preservatives which means they won't keep as long if you leave them out. I just take a few out of the freezer every day or every other day as needed. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you’ve right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your blog for extra soon.
    www.buddygenius.com/best-reptile-humidifiers/

    ReplyDelete