Thursday, April 5, 2018

Spring Cleaning with Pets

    Believe it or not, it's actually Spring. (Super hard to believe since they're calling more plowable snow tomorrow!) I've already started my spring cleaning because with kids and pets, this house was in dire need!


Spring Cleaning with Pets


     Pets add so much love to our lives. They also add fur and messes to our homes. After a long and never ending Winter our homes are due for a good over haul! So let's talk cleaning with pets!

Using Safe Cleaners


    Having children and fur children made me rethink what I used to clean my home. I didn't want cleaners with harsh chemicals that could harm them. But I also wanted cleaners that actually work! Did you know that you can mix up your very own household cleaning sprays, and they work wonderfully?

     For my counters and kitchen cleaning, I use a mix of two tablespoons of baking soda and half of a cup of white vinegar. I add in a few drops of essential oils for scent, and top off my spray bottle with distilled water. That's it! It keeps my counters spotless and works great even in the nasty oven and microwave. Plus, it's pretty pet and kid safe (as long as they won't be drinking it!)

    If you're looking for a pet safe window cleaner, try mixing half a cup of white vinegar, and a teaspoon of dish soap. This will wipe grime from your windows while leaving a streak free shine!



     I also make my own furniture polish. I use two tablespoons of olive oil, a few drops of lemon essential oil, and a quarter of a cup of white vinegar. Using a funnel, pour it into your spray bottle. Shake well before each use. My wooden furniture has never looked better!

Cleaning Your Rugs


    As you know, kids and pets also do a pretty good job of messing up our carpets. For my everyday cleaning, I swear by my Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. I've had quite a few vacuums over the years, and none of them could compare to my Bissell. Our Shepherd is a hairy beast, and our Bissell is the bomb when it comes to cleaning up her fur!



    Speaking of fur. One way to keep your carpets clean is to brush your pets and remove their excess fur BEFORE they shed it onto your rugs. I brush Bayleigh daily with this pet brush. It takes off her loose fur, as well as getting right down to her under coat. I've never used a better brush, and you will love it too!




Will Work for Treats


     My Shepherd loves to help me around the house. And by help I mean follow me from room to room and insist on kisses while I clean. But she's cute, and she works for treats, so it's all good. She happens to be very fond of these Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats in Duck. They're grain free as well as gluten, corn, and soy free. With no artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors, they make a tasty AND healthy treat for your fur baby!






1 comment:

  1. with my shedding dog and cat, I agree that they add fur and mess to our homes but we love them as part of the family. Spring cleaning is however quite the chore thanks for the helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete