Sunday, September 2, 2018

Chicken Chews for Your Furry Friend

    I created a new tasty recipe for my girls today. I have to tell you, they could barely wait for me to get them out of the oven and cooled! These Chicken Chews are a huge hit here and I know your fur baby is going to love them too!


Chicken Chews for Your Furry Friend

    My husband used to give me the weirdest looks when I was cleaning up from dinners. Any meat that wasn't super seasoned, I would grind up in my food processor. Then I would put it in containers and freeze it. I even do this when I'm packaging up bulk meat. I take all the scraps, and fattier parts, cook them, then blend the drippings and meat. When thawed, these ingredients make for amazing all natural pet cookies. And best yet, nothing is going to waste that you have spent your hard earned money on! 



    Today's recipe is Chicken Chews. The main ingredient is cooked chicken. I froze it in a baby food jar, and since it was packed so tight, that four ounces almost filled a one cup measuring cup. So that's going to be the bulk of these natural treats. Let's get the rest of our ingredients!

Ingredients:


Let's Get Baking!

    Those are the only six ingredients you will need. Preheat your oven to 400°. Mix them all up in a bowl. Then spoon them out onto a greased cookie sheet. (I do about a teaspoon for each cookie.) Bake for ten minutes. I let mine cool and freeze them. Remember, there are NO preservatives in these natural treats, so their shelf life is short. You can store them in the fridge for a week, or months in the freezer. I just take two out each day for my girls.

Recipe yields about 3 dozen teaspoon sized cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment