Sunday, September 9, 2018

One Skillet Cheeseburger Mac

I’m getting tired of the same old dinners. This week I was thawing two pounds of burger, and wondering what to do with it. This is what I came up with, and it was a hit with my entire family. (Sans Liam because he has too many food aversions.)



One Skillet Cheeseburger Mac

This ten ingredient recipe is easy and can be made right in one skillet. (That’s huge for me because I personally loathe washing dishes.) I actually had all of the ingredients on hand, and you probably do as well. So are you ready to get started?


(This recipe makes enough for about four people. I doubled it when I made it, and it fed six adults with three meals worth of leftovers.)


Ingredients:


  • 1 pound of ground beef

  • 8 ounces of elbow macaroni

  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used Sharp)

  • 1 ½ cups of broth (Beef or chicken will work. I used chicken and it was fantastic!)

  • 1 ½ cups of milk

  • 3 tbsp Ketchup

  • 2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning

  • 1 tsp Yellow Mustard

  • ¼ tsp Garlic Powder

  • ¼ tsp Onion Powder


In large pot or skillet, brown your beef. If you’re using 90/10 or 80/20,
leave the grease drippings in the pot. Otherwise, drain it because you don’t
want an over abundance of grease. Next stir in the broth, milk, ketchup,
mustard, and seasonings. Then add your elbow mac. Stir well, and bring
to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer until the mac is cooked. Lastly, add
in the shredded cheese and mix well. Let stand to thicken a few minutes, and serve.

I didn't get a lot of good pictures, because my family woofed this dinner down too fast!


That’s all there is to it. This cheesy goodness is packed full of flavor.
My family already asked me when I plan to make it again. Then my sister
asked for the recipe, for herself and her hubby. So I know it’s a winner!
Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment