Saturday, June 23, 2018

Pork and Beet Pup Cookies

    Yes, you read that right, pork and beets. Not beans! We don't want to encourage our four legged family members to fart! ;) Using leftovers, and a few ingredients from my cupboard, I just whipped up a delectable batch of cookies for my pups.


Pork and Beet Pup Cookies

    At some point, "everypawdy" has left overs. If I don't give them to my girls for dinner, I use them in some sort of baked goods. I love creating one of a kind treats for my girls because they're healthier for them, and I know what's in them. If you're like me and want to give your fur children the best, then read on for our newest recipe. It's "supaw" easy and your canine companions will love them.

Here's What You Need

  • Pork, or even leftover ham will do. (I tend to go for pork because it has less salt content. (You're going to want to grind it up in your food processor, and will need 1 cup.)
  • Beets (I use canned. Again, I break them up in my food processor and when done, you will need 1/3 of a cup.)
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/3 cup of honey (my girls and I love wildflower honey.)
  • 1/3 cup of granola or oats
  • 1/3 cups of oil (I use Coconut oil because it's beneficial for their skin and coats.)
Top left: Ground Pork
Top Right: Ground Beets
Bottom Left: All Ingredients
Bottom Right: How you want your dough to look

Let's Get Baking!

    Preheat your oven to 350°, and then prepare all of your ingredients. In a large bowl combine the ground pork, beets, flour, honey, oil, and granola (oats.) Mix well. You want it to stick together. If you feel it isn't sticking together enough, add in a bit more of the coconut oil. 

    Grease your cookie sheet, and then roll the dough in your hands. I make mine about the size of a nickel. Then I flatten them a bit on the tray. When you're done they should be between a quarter and fifty cent piece in size. Bake these bad boys for about fifteen minutes.



    Let them cool, and give your fur baby a taste. I promise you, they are going to love them! I freeze mine so they last longer. Since these cookies are all natural without preservatives, they can be kept in the fridge for about two weeks. To keep them longer, you will have to freeze them. I wouldn't recommend keeping them on the counter or in your cupboards as they can get moldy in a few days, due to the lack of preservatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment